About my Blog

I was extremely skeptical of this diet until my reproductive endocrinologist suggested I do it since nothing else had worked to allow me to ovulate in 9 years. I started ovulating immediately after doing the 40 days of Phase 2 and got pregnant within 2 months! Not to mention I lost tons of weight too! This diet also allowed me to lose the baby weight.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

HcG diet recipe Phase 2 P2: Gluten Free Grissini (aka bread sticks)

This IS a P2 recipe because it's IN PLACE of a melba toast or grissini. If you look at what is in a melba toast or grissini, you'll see many ingredients that are not protocol. Those of us that have celiac or are gluten intolerant cannot have a melba toasts or grissinis and thus, this recipe is a great alternative.

Can I just say, "YUMMO!!!" These are my new favorite thing on this diet to eat!

I've been gluten free for 3 years now and decided not to eat the melbas during this diet because of the gluten in them. But I've missed the texture break up of the monotony of this diet so I had to come up with my own gluten free version.



In a bowl, add 1/2 C warm water, 1 pkg yeast, 1 t sugar & 1/4 C gluten free (GF) flour (I like Namaste perfect blend GF flour the best). Allow to sit for 5 minutes. Add 1 C GF flour, 1/2 C soy or quinoa or brown rice flour, 2 T olive oil & 1t salt. Mix well and add more warm water a tablespoon at a time until it forms a dough. Allow to rise loosely covered for 1 hour. Roll into 1-2 T balls. With a little more GF flour, roll on a flat surface into rods. Transfer to a parchment covered baking sheet. Allow to rise for another 30 minutes. Bake in preheated oven of 400° for 10-20 minutes, turning once. Store in a tupperware container or ziploc bag.

0 comments:

Post a Comment