About my Blog

I was extremely skeptical of this diet until my reproductive endocrinologist suggested I do it since nothing else had worked to allow me to ovulate in 9 years. I started ovulating immediately after doing the 40 days of Phase 2 and got pregnant within 2 months! Not to mention I lost tons of weight too! This diet also allowed me to lose the baby weight.

Friday, October 25, 2013

HcG diet recipe phase 2 P2: Gluten Free Cinnamon "Sugar" Cookies - in place of melba toast or grissini bread stick


This IS a P2 recipe because it's IN PLACE of a melba toast or grissini. If you look at what is in a melba toast or grissini, you'll see many ingredients that are not protocol. Those of us that have celiac or are gluten intolerant cannot have a melba toasts or grissinis and thus, this recipe is a great alternative.

In a bowl, add 1/2 C warm water, 1 pkg yeast (2 1/2 t), 1 t sugar & 1/4 C gluten free (GF) flour (I like Namaste GF flour the best). Allow to sit for 5 minutes, called proofing. Add 1 C GF flour (possibly more), 2 T olive oil, 1/2 t salt & 1/4 - 1/2 C powdered stevia. Mix well and add more warm water a tablespoon at a time until it forms a dough. Allow to rise loosely covered for 1 hour. Roll into 1-2 T balls. With a little more GF flour, roll on a flat surface into rods. Transfer to a parchment covered baking sheet. Then wrap into spiral circles. Sprinkle with stevia & cinnamon.  Allow to rise for another 30 minutes. Bake in preheated oven of 400° for 10-20 minutes, turning once. Store in a tupperware container or ziploc bag.


17 comments:

Unknown said...

What is one package of yeast? I only buy larger bottles.

Kimber said...

approx 2 1/2 t yeast

Unknown said...

How is this P2 with the yeast?

Amber Shay said...

And "sugar"... It literally says sugar?!... I was hoping it was some sort of typo?? :(

Amber Shay said...

Olive Oil, etc....
This is NOT a P2 recipe.

Kimber said...

Amber, you can use coconut oil and stevia if you prefer. This is a P2 recipe because it's IN PLACE of a melba toast. If you look at what's in Melba Toast you'll see many ingredients that are not Protocol. Those of us that have celiac or intolerant to gluten, cannot have Melba and thus, this is a great alternative.

Unknown said...

These look amazing! Making out the grocery list now!

Unknown said...

"Add 1 C GF flour, 1/2 C soy or quinoa or brown rice flour" does this mean 1 of the 3 or gf flour AND brown rice flour? Thanks!

Kimber said...

Sorry it was confusing. I've changed the recipe a little to make more sense. Let me know if you need more help. Thanks!

Gracey said...

Has anyone tried this. Did it negatively affect your weight loss

Unknown said...



Does 1T count for 1 Melba toast and 2T count for 2 Melba toast ?

Kimber said...

T = Tablespoon
So 1T is one tablespoon & 2T is two tablespoons.
1t is one teaspoon.

Ash said...

I have done several rounds of HCG and have lost almost 100lbs. I have found that you can indeed add things but you must do it 1 at a time because each person is different. I focused on my calorie intake and kept it 500 to 800 a day. I often ate yogurt, cheese, rice occassionaly i just watched my calorie intake. Don't deprive yourself it will only make you crave more. Experiment a little!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

How many does this recipe make and how many calories? Thank you

Yoyoma said...

Anyone tried this recipe? I can't get it to make a "dough" just a crumbly mess. And waste of money. Boo. The crumbles taste good though.

Unknown said...

Is this some kind of joke? It is a crumbly mess! Don't try this I'm begging you!

Post a Comment