About my Blog

I was extremely skeptical of this diet until my reproductive endocrinologist suggested I do it since nothing else had worked to allow me to ovulate in 9 years. I started ovulating immediately after doing the 40 days of Phase 2 and got pregnant within 2 months! Not to mention I lost tons of weight too! This diet also allowed me to lose the baby weight.

Friday, October 24, 2014

HcG diet recipe phase 2 P2: MARINATED GRILLED SHRIMP on a George Foreman Grill

Marinade:
1/4 C water
1/4 C chopped fresh parsley
3 limes, juiced
2 T Frank's hot pepper sauce
3 cloves minced garlic
1 T tomato paste NSA
2 t dried oregano
1 t salt
1 t pepper

Use 2 T marinade per approx 5 jumbo shrimp with skin/tails still on. Place all in a ziploc. Shake to distribute evenly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Refrigerate the rest of the marinade for up to a week. OR using ziplocs, place 5 jumbo shrimp in each along with 2 T marinade per bag. Seal and shake each back. Place in freezer for another time. The night before wanting to use, place a bag in the bottom drawer of your refrigerator to thaw 12-24 hours.

FYI: The 5 jumbo shrimp should weight approx 110g but after cooked, you remove the skins and tails that weight approx 10g.

Heat grill on high (if you have settings) for 5 minutes.

Thread shrimp on 2 wooden skewers, piercing once near tail and once near head. Discard rest of marinade.

Lightly spray grill with coconut oil. Coconut oil spray can be bought at Trader Joe's. This has not stalled me at all! Cook shrimp for 5 minutes or until opaque.

Peel and eat.

I like these best on a bed of spinach OR with grilled asparagus and 1 corn tortilla instead of melba toast (since I'm gluten free and melba toast is full of gluten).

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I want it!!!

Post a Comment