About my Blog

I was extremely skeptical of this diet until my reproductive endocrinologist suggested I do it since nothing else had worked to allow me to ovulate in 9 years. I started ovulating immediately after doing the 40 days of Phase 2 and got pregnant within 2 months! Not to mention I lost tons of weight too! This diet also allowed me to lose the baby weight.

Monday, April 11, 2011

HCG DIET Phase 2 (P2) RECIPE #5: An American Classic: MEATLOAF & HOMEMADE BBQ SAUCE

I was surprised at how good this was. A healthy version of a favorite American classic.

P3: I served it for lunch with pureed cauliflower (1 C cauliflower before cooking & pureeing is only 25 calories! TIP: Use frozen cauliflower for fast & easy prep.).


MEATLOAF PATTY
serves 1
calories: 158

3.5 oz lean ground bison or beef
1/2 t milk
1 melba toast, ground to powder
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 t onion powder
1/2 t spicy mustard
1/4 t allspice
1/8 t sage

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix all ingredients in a Ziploc bag or bowl. 

Pat into an ungreased glass or glazed dish (like pottery).


Cover with foil and bake for 25-30 min. 

Remove foil & drain fat/liquid.

Add 2 T BBQ sauce (1 serving - below) on top and bake for another 5 minutes uncovered. 

Serve hot with extra BBQ sauce if desired. 


HOMEMADE BBQ SAUCE
8 servings, 2 T per serving
calories per serving: 35

1 (6oz) can tomato paste
1/2 C or more water
3 t onion powder
3 t apple cider vinegar
2 t liquid smoke
2 t paprika
2 t chili powder
1 t cinnamon
2 - 3 t powdered stevia
salt

BBQ sauce is personal so add what you'd like to it: jalapeno or other pepper juice, Tabasco sauce, etc.

Mix all ingredients in a saucepan, cover and bring to boil. Reduce and simmer for 20 min. 

Store remaining sauce in refrigerator for up to a week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment