About my Blog

I was extremely skeptical of this diet until my reproductive endocrinologist suggested I do it since nothing else had worked to allow me to ovulate in 9 years. I started ovulating immediately after doing the 40 days of Phase 2 and got pregnant within 2 months! Not to mention I lost tons of weight too! This diet also allowed me to lose the baby weight.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

HCG DIET Phase 3 (P3) RECIPE #6 & #7: SAUTEED FROG LEGS & STEAMED ARTICHOKES WITH TARRAGON MAYONNAISE

My daddy used to go frog hunting in West Texas when I was growing up. He'd always come home and share his catch with us. My husband has never had them so I thought I'd make it for him. Unlike my daddy, my hunting consisted of calling stores to see who carried them. 

SAUTEED FROG LEGS
serves 4

3 T soy sauce
3 T Global Sweet Xylitol honey OR 3 T powdered stevia
1 minced clove garlic
1 pinch ground ginger
1 lb frog legs
salt & pepper
3 T Expert Foods ThickenThin not/Starch or coconut flour
1 T oil
1 T thinly sliced green onions

Stir soy sauce, honey, garlic & ginger together. Toss the frog legs in to coat & set aside for 1 hour to marinate in the refrigerator.

Drain well but reserve marinade. Season legs with salt and pepper. Coat well with cornstarch. 

Heat oil in skillet on medium high heat. Cook legs about 4-5 minutes per side. While they cook, bring marinade to a simmer in saucepan and simmer for 3 minutes. 

Transfer legs to a serving dish after they've drained on a paper towel. Pour sauce over them and sprinkle with onions.





STEAMED ARTICHOKES 
WITH TARRAGON MAYONNAISE
serves 4

2 lemons & zest of 1
4 artichokes
2 T water
1 C NSA mayonnaise
3/4 t chopped fresh tarragon
2 dashes hot sauce (Tabasco)
sea salt and pepper to taste

Squeeze lemon juice into a large bowl of cold water. 

Trim stem of 1 artichoke flush with bottom. Snap off outer leaves. Using kitchen scissors, cut off tips of remaining leaves. Place in lemon water. Repeat. 

Drain artichokes and place in a pot in a single snug layer (batches if necessary). Add 1/4 C water. Bring to simmer, cover, steam until tender, about 35 minutes. Remove from pot and let cool. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.

Zest and juice remaining lemon. Whisk zest, 2 T juice, mayonnaise, tarragon, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Serve with artichokes.




0 comments:

Post a Comment